Enigma Prospector 16
The Enigma Prospector 16 is a go anywhere do anything kind of open canoe. So whether you are looking for some white water action or just to paddle down some flat water the Enigma Prospector will do it all. This Prospector is easy to paddle either tandem or solo and offers plenty of room to fit a kneeling thwart should you wish.
With an arch shaped hull the Enigma Prospector 16 offers great stability allowing paddlers to feel confident when really heeling the canoe over and keep maximum control in doing so. The fantastic amount of bow to stern rocker gives fantastic manoeuvrability for when you need it on white water or even if you just want to make the Enigma Prospector dance on flat water. This classic well loved prospector hull shape is perfect for paddlers just starting out wanting to gain skills and paddling experience, as well as expert paddlers wanting a canoe that will not limit what they can do.
Everything on all the Enigma Canoes range is UK made from the durable Hull to the outfitting including fixings and fittings. As you would expect the well made wood webbed seat is comfortable and perfectly placed for a days of paddling. The Prospector comes with solid bow and stern carry handles for easy lifting in and out of the water.
The Enigma Prospector 16 is available in either Red or Green, can be collected from any of our stores around the UK by selecting click and collect, or can be couriered to mainland UK should you wish.
- Triple layer polyethylene plastic construction
- Tough vinyl gunwales
- 2 x Wood webbed seats
- 1 x Wooden yoke
- 1 x Wooden Thwart
- Bow & stern wooden carry handles
- Length:476cm / 15'8"
- Width: 88.9cm / 35"
- Depth at mid point: 38.1cm / 15"
- Weight: 35kg / 77.16lbs
- Capacity: 455kg / 1003.1lbs
Enigma Prospector 16 Construction
The Enigma Prospector 16 is constructed from the best triple layer polyethylene, specifically designed for the marine and watersports industry. Our manufacturer specialises in 'triple shot' manufacturing, which means the products are made in 3 layers of differing polyethylenes (PE) and is known as a 'sandwich'.
The ‘sandwich’ consists of:
- An inner layer of a low to mid-density PE;
- An inner layer core of PE foam and;
- An outer layer of coloured middle to high density PE.
All Enigma canoes are produced using this three layer sandwich foam technology.
The foam core, in addition to the single layers of polyethylene adds insulation, flotation and increased robustness, stiffness and lightness.
All Enigma Canoes are outfitted with top quality hardwear. We use only Stainless fittings as well as oiled wooden seats, yokes and thwarts.
We are also able to offer centres/trade customers plastic seats, please Contact Us for further details.
Enigma Prospector 16 Colours
We offer a delivery service for the Enigma Prospector 16 throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible we send canoes using our specalist courier service who normally deliver within 3 working days of despatch. More remote areas can take a little longer for delivery. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
We are also able to offer a bulk buy delivery service for trade customers, please contact us for further details on this.
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Enigma Prospector 16 online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Enigma Canoes | Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA
Why Buy From Enigma Canoes
- All our Enigma Canoes range is UK made and manufactured.
- Enigma Canoes are all UK made by an experienced manufacturer with over 45 years moulding experience.
- We are a real business with reputable dealers located around the UK (click here for full details).
- Our business is owned, managed and run by knowledgeable staff that use our products.
- We only use reputable couriers to deliver our products.
- We can offer expert advice - call us on 01925 818 437.