Enigma Turing 17
The Enigma Turing 17 is the biggest canoe in the Enigma range and available in red or green. A tough and spacious canoe with comforting stability ideal for families or for long expeditions when the generous carrying capacity enables you to carry heavy loads of camping equipment (or massive picnics!). The Enigma 17 Turing comes as standard with two wood webbed seats but the extra boat length means that there is adequate space to add a third seat (not included) if required.
The long water line length and stable shallow arch low rocker hull, biased towards flatter water like slower moving rivers or the Norfolk Broads rather than white water rapids, means it tracks well and gives it a good turn of speed allowing it to eat up the miles. The robust 3 layer polyethylene and foam construction makes it unsinkable as well as enabling it to stand up to a lot of punishment which also makes it a good choice for hire or adventure centres.
Enigma Canoes are proud to say that all of our ranges is totally UK made, from the fixtures and fittings to the moulding of the hulls. All Enigma Canoes are available in red or green and can be outfitted in a range of configurations to meet almost any requirements.
- Triple layer polyethylene plastic construction
- Vinyl gunwales
- 2 x Wood webbed seats
- 1 x Wooden yoke
- 1 x Wooden Thwart
- Bow & stern wooden carry handles
- Length:5.23m / 17'2"
- Width: 85cm / 33.5"
- Weight: 39kg / 85.9lbs
- Capacity:500kg / 1102.3lbs
Enigma Turing 17 Construction
The Enigma Turing 17 is constructed from the best triple layer polyethylene, specifically designed for the marine and watersports industry. Our manufacturer specialises in 'triple shot' manufacturing, which means the products are made in 3 layers of differing polyethylenes (PE) and is known as a 'sandwich'.
The ‘sandwich’ consists of:
- An inner layer of a low to mid-density PE;
- An inner layer core of PE foam and;
- An outer layer of coloured middle to high density PE.
All Enigma canoes are produced using this three layer sandwich foam technology.
The foam core, in addition to the single layers of polyethylene adds insulation, flotation and increased robustness, stiffness and lightness.
All Enigma Canoes are outfitted with top quality hardwear. We use only Stainless fittings as well as oiled wooden seats, yokes and thwarts.
We are also able to offer centres/trade customers plastic seats, please Contact Us for further details.
Enigma Turing 17 Colours
We offer a delivery service for the Enigma Turing 17 throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible we send canoes using our specalist courier service who normally deliver within 3 working days of despatch. More remote areas can take a little longer for delivery. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
We are also able to offer a bulk buy delivery service for trade customers, please contact us for further details on this.
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Enigma Turing 17 online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Enigma Canoes | Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA
Why Buy From Enigma Canoes
- All our Enigma Canoes range is UK made and manufactured.
- Enigma Canoes are all UK made by an experienced manufacturer with over 45 years moulding experience.
- We are a real business with reputable dealers located around the UK (click here for full details).
- Our business is owned, managed and run by knowledgeable staff that use our products.
- We only use reputable couriers to deliver our products.
- We can offer expert advice - call us on 01925 818 437.